Our little orange tree is loaded with golden oranges. Just what we need this time of year with cold, covid and snow. Vitamin C on a tree. Thank you little tree for doing your best to keep us well.
Orange Tree Calamondin Citrofortunella microcarpa
– excellent for preserves, jam and marmalade
– dried peel zest
– used to flavour foods and drinks
– fruit frozen whole and used as ice cubes in beverages
– juice makes a flavourful drink similar to lemonade,
– used to season fish, fowl, and pork and spritzed on fish prior
to cooking eliminates the fishy smell.
– juice taken orally as a cough medicine with green tea
and to make gelatine salads or desserts, custard pie or chiffon pie.
– liqueur can be made from the whole fruits with vodka and sugar.
– Kuah asang (“sour soup”) clear fish broth made with calamondin juice.
– medicinally rubbed on insect bites to relieve itching and reduce irritation
-a natural anti-inflammatory
– for constipation, the juice is warmed and diluted with water.
– bleaches freckles, aids with acne
– antidote for poison,
– combined with pepper to help expel phlegm.
– often used in skin and hair care products.
Tree Means: generosity.